A Provincial and National Heritage Site
Built in the Classical-Revival style, the Charlotte County Courthouse is the best preserved example in New Brunswick of the typical mid-nineteenth century Maritime courthouse. It was completed in 1840, and designed by Thomas Berry; the building has a royal coat of arms carved by Charles Kennedy in 1858. In the early years of its history, the Courthouse was the focal point for community activities such as elections, fairs, parades and official visits. It is now the oldest courthouse still in continuous use.
Completed in 1840 and still in use today
Tour this national treasure